Football Saturdays can feel like 100 yards of healthy eating pitfalls. Seriously, who wants to eat carrot sticks and celery spears with hummus when everyone else is jamming down on hot chicken wings and cheese dip? I always make sure to always have a crudités platter for mindless eating and I love vegetables, but face it — we all know it’s rabbit food. What about gooey, cheesy, spicy, yummy Buffalo Chicken Dip ? YES! Put me in, Coach! Read on to find out how to make my lightened up version of Buffalo Chicken Dip.
Buffalo Chicken Dip is typically cheesy, gooey, fat-laden goodness. (Publix has a version they sell in their deli that is ridiculously delicious.) However, I love taking fatty-fat-fat recipes and flipping them into a healthier version. This full-flavored dip is perfect for lightening up. Loaded with zippy hot sauce and the bang of blue cheese, no one will notice if you sub out Neufchatel for full-fat cream cheese or swap out Icelandic light yogurt for the sour cream. Poached boneless skinless chicken breasts are used as the base, but you could also use rotisserie chicken breast meat. Just a few small changes make this Buffalo Chicken Dip a version you can enjoy without feeling like you’re killing your healthy eating game plan.
Down, Set, Dip
Thanks so much for reading. I hope you enjoy my recipe for my Lightened Up Buffalo Chicken Dip. It’s about 3 WW points per 1/2 cup — and I promise you won’t miss the fat. Please let me know if you give it a try — and make sure to tag me on social if you post it.
Bon Appétit, Y’all
PS Please check out my weekly Facebook Live, “Cookbooks with Virginia” every Friday at 11:30 am EST.
Lightened Up Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese or Neufchatel
- ? cup fat-free yogurt
- ? cup reduced-fat shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese divided
- ? cup Buffalo-style hot sauce
- 2 green onions divided
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- Celery sticks carrot sticks, and other veg for serving
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine cream cheese, yogurt, Cheddar, half the blue cheese, and hot sauce in a medium bowl; stir until smooth. Fold in chicken and 1/2 of the green onions. Spoon the mixture into a baking dish. Sprinkle over remaining blue cheese and green onions. Bake until hot and bubbly, about 15 minutes. Serve with vegetables.
Please note that this post may contain affiliate links. (That means I make a commission if you use my affiliate link to buy the product.)?
If you are interested in hosting me for a speaking engagement, event, cooking class, or a book signing, let me know! Send an email to email@example.com and we’ll be back in touch as soon as possible.
Please be nice. Unauthorized use and/or duplication is prohibited. All photos and content are copyright protected. If you wish to republish this recipe, please link back to this recipe on?www.bwclxs.com. Thanks so much!
Copyright ? 2021?Virginia Willis Culinary Enterprises, Inc.